Is this site really free?
So how much is this free site?
Can I join?
- Yes, and remember any feedback is good.
When do I have to sell my house to pay for this membership? A site like this must be expensive!!!
- Never, all the tools outside of the personalized pages are free to use and to promote your events and leagues.
- As much as money is important we believe that it is better to offer these kinds of services to people to promote and increase sporting activity.
- I guess we just love sports more than money.
What am I able to do on your site?
- Registering on our site will generate an email allowing you to verify your account.
- Setup a profile.
- Change your password.
- The Forums are open for posting and asking questions.
- You can create a team.
- After you create a team you will be able to create requests for players.
- Also if you are looking to play a sport, you can register your request.
- Team statistics are working.
- Create a Team roster.
- Create and List Leagues including adding a small picture or logo.
- Create and List Events including adding a small picture or logo.
- List and find items for sale on our site, try to keep the items to sports related items.
- Everything is searchable through our interface.
- You can locate events, leagues and teams that are registered on this site.
- If your team is registered, you will be able to see upcoming games with the team search.
- Also you can add teams to 'MyTeams' for a quick view of upcoming games.
Why aren't contact emails listed in player and team searches?
- Posting your email address in the player and team requests allows spam bots to gather information about you. We feel it is important to protect our users from spam and will never list or distribute user email address.
- Also, to help protect our users we use an internal email system to allow our users to give out as much or as little information as they feel comfortable.
- Our users safety is our first priority.
What kind of security is used?
- We use a MD5 hash of your password. No plain text passwords are ever sent over the web.
- Also cookies are used allow you into the secure areas of the site.
Which browsers will work on your site?
- Because of the amount of testing required we can only support the most popular
- This doesn't mean that other browser won't work. So far IE 6 and 7, Firefox, Opera 8, and Netscape 7.0 are recommended however I am keeping Netscape 4.79 in mind for those UNIX users.
What sports are currently available on your site?
- Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Beach Volleyball, Curling
- Dodgeball, Flag Football, Floor Hockey, Football, Golf, Hockey
- Indoor Soccer, Rugby, SloPitch, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Tennis
- Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball
- Poker, Bridge and Euchre
I couldn't help but notice you have card games listed on your site. Those are sports, what-up?
- True, in the purest form these would not be classified as sports, however as the popularity of these games has increase so has the chance for sport like violence to erupt. No but all kidding aside, these games still require the same type of management as traditional sports. And after a game of hockey who doesn't like to kick back and play a bit of poker. So along with sports and to increase the chance of membership we have added activities.
Which cities does your site currently support?
- Ottawa-Carelton, Gatineau, Greater Victoria, Greater Toronto
- Greater Vancouver, Greater Sudbury, Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax
- Hamilton, Kingston, Montreal, Quebec City, Regina, Saskatoon
- Winnipeg, Whistler
- Also, to include the chance of internet type games we have added a global-internet choice