- It has been a long time since I updated this
site with new content, however it appears that people are using the site. I
may keep a closer eye on the site to see what improvements can be made.
- Moved the entire site to a new and better
Friday, February 16th, 2007
- Added some context sensitive help to some of the pages.
- Added more preferences to the user profile. Changes to your forum profile can now be updated through the profile pages.
- Some new sports have been added Disc Golf, Skiing and XCountry Skiing.
- Improved calendar added to allow IE7 to display better.
- Continued updates and improvements to almost all sections of the site. New version released today.
Thursday, February 1st, 2007
- A new look and feel has been added to the site, and a template is being used to standardize fonts.
- The core code of the website has been rewritten and cleaned up to allow search engines to better find our site.
Tuesday, January 16th, 2007
- New backups have been activated, and daily offsite backups are being performed.
- NEW Events and Leagues editors created to allow users to add leagues and events and manage these on their own.
Monday, January 1st, 2007
- The website has been fully restored, but unfortunately some data will be lost forever.
- Research has begun on a better offsite back system.
Friday, December 15th, 2006
- Major system crash. Server and backups lost, best case is to restore data from an old archive in July.
Tuesday, December 12th, 2006
- Added new cities to Sportlinker.com (Greater Victoria, Greater Toronto, Greater Vancouver, Greater Sudbury, Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax, Hamilton, Kingston, Montreal, Quebec City, Regina, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Whistler). Let us know if you would like to see your city added here.
- Some new functionality to allow users to list events and leagues.
Sunday, July 26th, 2006
- Well it has been a year since I updated the news page, but the work continued slowly over the past year, and in the last two months I have been working feverously to get some new updates out to improve player and team communication.
- Registered players are now able to notify the team of upcoming absences for the entire season.
- Almost ready to allow teams to purchase sub domains to allow players to view upcoming games, previous game scores, and see who will be attending the game.
- Team captains/managers are now able to elect multiple co-managers for a team, and provide each with different level security depending on the job that needs to be fulfilled.
Sunday, July 24th, 2005
- Site functionality is at about 95%.
- New look for website.
Tuesday, July 12th, 2005
- Beta testing has begun, many more updates done to the site
- MyTeams and MySchedule have been added.
- Improved searching.
- Updates in the next coming weeks will include email and adding team rosters.
Thursday, April 28th, 2005
- Our site is coming together only a few more items to clear up before we begin beta testing.
- Currently we are in the Alpha stage, however, feel free try the site and send back comments.
Monday, April 4th, 2005
- New name and new site, hosted by Canadian.ca.
- Rewrite of the code to convert it from ASP to Perl is done.
- Sign up cron is working to allow registration.
Thursday, December 1st, 2004
- Site was hosted on my own computer, and a number of malicious attacks compromised two of my servers. Investigations into a company to host this site has begun.
Sunday, October 3rd, 2004
- A website template is starting to emerge. No emails can be sent, however a user is able to register and activate their account, along with being able to see their profile and change their password.
Sunday, September 26th, 2004
- Talks have begun on a new site that will allow people to register themselves for sports teams starting in the Ottawa area.